There’s a lot you can learn about Power Apps at no cost from official Microsoft channels.
Power Apps Learning Paths
As of this writing, there are a number of Microsoft Learn learning paths focused on Power Apps:
- Create a canvas app in Power Apps (2.5 hours) – Introduction to creating Power Apps
- Create a model-driven application in Power Apps (3 hours) – Introduction to model-driven apps using the Common Data Service
- Use basic formulas to make better Power Apps canvas apps (2.25 hours) – Properties, behaviors, tables
- Use the UI and controls in a canvas app in Power Apps (2 hours) – Navigation, UI, controls
- Work with data in a Power Apps canvas app (2.25 hours) – External data, shaping and writing data
- Master advanced techniques for Power Apps canvas apps (2.5 hours) – Imperative techniques, advanced formulas, custom updates, testing and performance
- Create components with Power Apps Component Framework (2.5 hours) – How to develop Power Apps components
- Use advanced data options and connectors in Power Apps (2.5 hours) – Relational data, delegation, custom connectors
Log in with a Microsoft-type account to save your progress as you go and earn experience points.
Power Apps in a Day
You can learn by doing with the hands-on labs in the “Power Apps in a Day” material in a zip folder download. You can either work through these labs yourself, or they are often conducted in person at a Microsoft office or other venue (or they were, pre-pandemic).